Monday 19 September 2016

HERE COMES THE BLOG - THE WEDDING EDIT!

Are you in a relationship? Hoping to get engaged? Are you recently engaged or married? First off, CONGRATULATIONS! You have found yourself on the right page, you're in great hands. 

Welcome to THE WEDDING EDIT of LOVE, KATE. This section of the blog will feature the bridal experience and secrets of my sister SarahJane. Recently married in July 2016, SarahJane will share her experience, expertise and inspiration. She really knows everything anyone needs to know about planning the perfect BIG DAY. She was in her element when deciding between different shades of cream. 

If you want to get a step ahead in the planning process, hear the thoughts of a recent bride or just reflect back on your bridal journey...then enjoy the roller coaster ride we are about to take you on! 

Here is just a sneak peak of what is in store for you over the next few weeks, 

SarahJane's Engagement Experience 
Starting the planning process, the do's and don'ts 
Saying YES to the DRESS (London Style)

I won't spoil anymore... let the bridal tales unfold before your eyes. Enjoy her first BRIDAL TALE! 

JUST PUT A RING ON IT?


There is no doubt that getting engaged is one of the most special, memorable and enjoyable moments of your life. It is that defining moment of a relationship where you officially agree to spend the rest of your lives together and in a relationship there is nothing more significant that that. I was never the stereotypical little girl that dreamed of getting married and wearing a wonderful white princess dress. I had already achieved that goal in P.3 with my marshmallow communion dress and every white accessory that ever existed. Although I never dreamed of getting married as a child in my later years I fell in love with Pinterest and whether you are even thinking of getting married or not…pinterest will  make you fall in love with the floral romance of decor, dresses and decadence that is wedding planning. Although I had never dreamed of my wedding, I always knew our day would come…

Lukas and I had been together for almost ten years when we got engaged and I was honestly and genuinely so surprised by his proposal… When we talked about the idea of getting married…I joked that I wanted FIREWORKS (metaphorically) and that is what he gave me… an unforgettable story, a moment in time that would be ours and ultimately the best day of my life so far.

So here I include the very status of our engagement in  the December of 2014. 
Yesterday Lukas, Kate Fahy and I planned to go to Belfast shopping little did I know that Lukas had the most magical day planned and all of our family was in on the surprise! As I was getting ready to head to Belfast, Lukas talked through the things we needed to get to finish our Christmas shopping. 
📝Unexpectedly I received a very frantic phone call from Kate saying I needed to come outside Lukas' house immediately. So at 7:30am, I rushed out without brushing my teeth, half dressed and in a complete state of panic! Whisked off in emergency style by Kate (to apparently give Toni Kelly a deposit for a boxing night appointment) I was dragged inside the salon and given two envelopes✉️. One revealing that the shopping trip was cancelled and that I was on a mystery treasure hunt. Another with a list of rules I had to follow on the hunt. Mobile confiscated, I sat there confused and excited about the day ahead. 





Hair and makeup complete💄, I looked out to find a Chrysler limo and Lukas' best friend in a suit and tie (P P Limos Jettaxis Strabane) ready to take me to my next destination. Given an amazing photo story book, I hopped into the limo to find it covered in all my favourite treats🍭🍫. Glass jars of jolly ranchers, Fredos, chuppa pops, sensations, coke and a box of tissues, which were indeed a necessity!  

Destination 2
🏁:The Fahys house where I received a new outfit (Thanks Kate Fahy) and another clue. With mum Patricia Fahy and Kate in tow we headed off to our next destination.  
Destination 3
🏁:Donna's Flower Box to get the most beautiful bunch of white roses and she gave me the next clue.  🌸


Destination 4
🏁: Classicbeauty Strabane to get my nails done 💅(Thankfully because my nails are never polished). Lukas's mum was waiting there and gave me the next clue.  
Destination 5
🏁:My special day wouldn't have been complete without my "Kilkenny Sisters" Dominique Arkinson and Maryellen Arkinson After finding another clue in Lukas's bedroom I was given another clue and some sausage baps 
Destination 6
🏁:Then I headed to the heart of the Vaughan family: 14 Laurel Drive and was given an envelope by granny who was so confused by the commotion and limo, so much so that my grandad asked "Is it someone's birthday?" 
Destination 7
🏁:Final destination and clue (or so I thought): Swinging Bridge. A friend gave me an envelope and I really thought it would tell me to walk to the bridge and see Lukas but it didn't. It said "Had you fooled"   
After several laps of the town and a lot of laughs as our families tried to confuse me with lots of signs and songs. I was enroute to Oakfield Park⛲ (I had never heard of it) I was given a letter to read on the way there.  

Final Destination
🏁: I arrived to see our dads standing, an amazing chalk board (he had been making all week). I didn't know where to look. Until I saw him standing at the bottom of a long drive in front of a lake. I walked towards him but it was taking too long. Mucky or not I ran until I got to my Treasure
: Lukas on one knee with a beautiful ring💎. A photographer Hannah McKeown captured the whole thing and I wrote on my blackboard YES. 



What a proposal!!!
💛 Happiest Girl in the world
 He pulled  out all the stops, thought of absolutely everything and took my breath away! Knowing me inside and out was Lukas's secret weapon and that is how he devised this magical day. He knew that I would want to feel good and be surrounded by our family. I was delighted to be surrounded by the people we loved and to share the excitement with them!




Although this proposal was extraordinary and a moment I will never forget…EVERY proposal is magical and special! So I have shared my proposal story…why not share your moment in the comment box belowwhen and where did you get engaged?





Watch out for my next blog post on Engagement tips and the first stages of planning the perfect big day! 


Love, SarahJane x 

7 comments :

  1. You only thought yours was romantic Sarah Jane!!! Terry proposed to me on Xmas morning while I had a 20lb turkey in my hand ready to put in the oven ���� he steered callie out with him (she was 2 at the time) holding a big box and as he was about to ask me she ran away back to the living room with the box with her lol needless to say 5 mins later Terry produced the box himself and got down on one knee �� he's so romantic! NOT lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You only thought yours was romantic Sarah Jane!!! Terry proposed to me on Xmas morning while I had a 20lb turkey in my hand ready to put in the oven ���� he steered callie out with him (she was 2 at the time) holding a big box and as he was about to ask me she ran away back to the living room with the box with her lol needless to say 5 mins later Terry produced the box himself and got down on one knee �� he's so romantic! NOT lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful article! We are linking to this great post on our site.Keep up the good writing. Muslim wedding cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful photos. I had such an amazing time reading through this post. Anyways, we are also getting engaged and want a fun Disney inspired party so we are trying to locate the budget friendly wedding Venues in NYC. It will be great if anyone here could help to find a good location.

    ReplyDelete