Monday 31 October 2016

SUITED AND BOOTED

Mention the word wedding and the first thought for many ladies is THE DRESS, THE DECOR, THE DAY! What about the men? Lukas has always had a keen interest in style and likes keeping up with the latest trends. I knew finding a suit to please him would be difficult. 



We or should I say I searched the internet and I thought I was on to a winner when I found the brand Noose and Monkey on Asos. This brand is edgy, trendy and unique. Clean lines, fitted shapes and cool patterns; it's definitely worth checking this brand out. 

I ordered a lot of different jackets, waistcoats and dickie bows from the site. After a lot of trying on, we were very disappointed to find that their biggest size didn't fit Lukas. The jackets were too short in the arms and too narrow in the shoulders. So it was back to the drawing board. I tried Ted Baker, Hugo Boss and dozens of suit shops. 


With navy being the 'it' colour this year, it was so difficult to find something in black and more specifically something embossed. In one of the shops a member of staff recommended THE BOARD ROOM... a shop in Belfast designs and tailor makes your suit. 





In The Board Room, Jonny dealt with us and he was so helpful. Lukas picked the material for his jacket, then the inside of his jacket, the buttons, the pockets as well as putting our initials on the collar. 




Then he designed the style and shape of the trousers, the waistcoat, the shirt and dickie bow. I learned so much about lapels, pockets, cuts...who knew there was so much to think about?








Lukas loved the whole experience and we were excited to see the final finished suit. 1 month later the suit was ready and we were both quite nervous. What if it didn't work out...what if the materials we picked didn't co-ordinate? what if it was a poor fit? As soon as Lukas put it on...he was delighted! The perfect fit, cut and style. Exactly what he was looking for and more. 



We were so pleased with the service at The Board Room and we would highly recommend Jonny! To finish the suit we found patent shoes from DOBELL. Lukas is looking for the next opportunity to wear his show stopping suit...





Here comes the BOYS...

The next hurdle was getting the groomsmen the perfect suit. We searched far and wide but ended up finding them closer to home in McElhinneys in Ballybofey Co. Donegal. We wanted to rent the suits and this is the ideal spot. I couldn't recommend them highly enough, they went over and above to get us what we wanted. Jonny went to great effort to locate the scooped waistcoats we were after... this was the deal breaker for us!


They ensured that the dads were suitably attired and that's certainty not easy when your dad refuses to try anything on!! He made sure everything fitted perfectly the week before the wedding and complete care was taken in the finished look.





They had a genuine interest in the style of the wedding and worked incredibly hard to achieve the look we were after. They are so knowledgable about fit, style and brands. I have to say I was very impressed with the price for the James Bond classic tuxedo we got.


We decided on no button holes. I have been bridesmaid five times and by the time the ceremony has ended the flowers have wilted or fallen off. We did try the false pins available to purchase from Dobel but they just didn't match the look as they were cream as opposed to ivory.


Dobell were a life saver when it came to accessorises for the men. I purchased the patent black shoes and braces from them and they were of the highest quality. It did help that I got 20% off my order which was a great saving!!

Saving the best for last... none other than our handsome page boy Braydon!



To say he stole the show is an understatement. I wanted Braydon to have the same look as the men and so I set out on the hard task of finding him a tuxedo. Funnily enough, I got inspiration from one of my favour business women/bloggers I follow, Ellen Jones (Waxperts). She got married in May and her son Cooper who is a similar age to Braydon wore a black tuxedo, exactly what I was after. She informed Snapchat that she got it from Marks and Spencers. True enough there it was on the website, I ordered it straight away! It was perfect, so expensive looking and brilliant quality.


Braydon's shoes were from Roco online. They were the same style as the men which was ideal.


'Uncle Lukas here comes your bride'

1 comment :